This File was last Updated/Modified: November 25 2013 15:52:41.
Through the Plans
Five Year Plans : First Second Third Fourth Fifth Sixth Seventh Eighth Ninth Tenth Eleventh
The subjects dealt with by this Division are described below:
I. Analytical and Estimation Work
- Estimation of labour force, employment and unemployment - Analysis of data and trends in participation rates, labour force/work force, unemployment and industrial distribution of work force from Census and National Sample Survey Organization.
- Estimation of Stock and economically active educated manpower - Analysis of information of intake and outturn of educated manpower by different categories and requirements of different categories of manpower,
- Estimation of Status of employment - casual, regular salaried and self-employment
- Estimation of employment elasticities from growth of employment and growth of GDP.
- Estimation of sectoral employment and projection.
- Studies on employment and connected issues.
- Occasional Reports on Employment
II. Employment Strategy, Labour and Manpower Policy
- Matters pertaining to the details of employment strategy, labour and manpower policy in the Five Year Plans -
- General employment and labour matters including monitoring of employment trends, strategy etc.
III. Plan schemes for Labour and Labour Welfare and Special Employment.
- Labour and Labour Welfare Schemes ~ Central and State Plans for resource allocation for Training, Employment Service, Labour Welfare and Labour Research.
- Employment aspects of Plan Schemes and Special Employment Programmes in State Plans.
- Formulation of Plan in terms of preparation of the Chapter on Labour. Employment and Manpower in the Five Year Plan documents and Chapter on the Labour and Training in the Annual Plan documents.
- Examination of Social Security Schemes available and policy relating to them.
- Examination of Labour Laws and policy relating to them.
- Examination of Plan proposals of the Ministry of Labour and State Governments/Union Territory Administrations on employment programmes run by other Ministries.
IV. Labour Policy
- Matters pertaining to bonded labour. child labour, women labour, migrant labour, industrial safety and enforcement of minimum wages.
- Matters pertaining to craftsmen training and employment service machinery
V. Institute of Applied Manpower Research (IAMR)
- Matters connected with research activities of Institute of Applied Manpower Research
- Matters connected with Administrative work of Institute of Applied Manpower Research and release of monthly non-plan grants-m-aid for IAMR.
- Matters relating to plan schemes of new campus of IAMR in Narela.
- Matters relating to work of General Council (GC), Executive Council (EC) and Standing Committee on Research Project (SCRP) of IAMR.
- Work relating to Technical Advisory Committee on Statistics of Prices & Cost of Living.
- Work relating to Technical Advisory Committee on Survey Design on Employment and Unemployment conducted by NSSO.